Your second half of life could be costly both financially and emotionally. Will you be proactive or reactive?
What is Long Term Care?
Long term care is a range of services and supports you may need to meet your personal care needs. It includes some type of assistance with the activities of daily living, including:
Cost of care
- Home care: $25/hour
- Assisted Living: $3,500-$8,000/month
- Nursing home: $8,000-$11,000/month
Who will need some type of care?
If you are over 65 years of age:
- 78% will need some type of care, usually home care or assisted living
- 20% will need nursing home care
- 2% are lucky and just drop dead