Long Term Care Plan
Your second half of life could be costly both financially and emotionally. Will you be proactive or reactive?
What is Long Term Care?
Long term care is a range of services and supports you may need to meet your personal care needs. It includes some type of assistance with the activities of daily living, including:
Cost of care
- Home care: $25/hour
- Assisted Living: $3,500-$8,000/month
- Nursing home: $8,000-$11,000/month
Who will need some type of care?
If you are over 65 years of age:
- 78% will need some type of care, usually home care or assisted living
- 20% will need nursing home care
- 2% are lucky and just drop dead